The Community Websites provided by the Cloud-based Server Manager (CBSM) are intended to simplify the player experience and learning curve of
joining a new server that makes use of multiple CBSM features, due to the wide range of configuration options available.
The secondary intent of this functionality is to provide server administrators with community management tools which aim to increase player engagement.
- View live player data and in-game chat
- Automatically syncs and displays Cloud-based Server Manager data
- Displays game settings in real-time
- Receive contact messages and ban appeals from your players
- Custom page manager (SSL + SEO Friendly URLs)
Create a Community
Any Server Operator account can create a community from within the CBSM interface.
The first and only step, is to choose a name for your community:
- Community names cannot be changed
- Community names cannot be longer than 35 characters
- Cannot include spaces or special characters (hyphen/hashes are acceptable)
The name you choose will be used to form the website URL used to access your community: https://_____.envul.com/
When you have chosen your community name, you can register it on this page
Names are provided on a "first come, first serve" basis. The website will become available immediately upon registration.
Build Your Community
After you register the community name, you can begin to manage it at any time.
A large part of your community website is automatically created and populated based upon your configuration within the Cloud-based Server Manager. For example, if you do not use zCoins - the shop will not appear within the sidebar.
When a change is made to your CBSM configuration, it is reflected upon the community website in real-time.
You can also create your own custom pages. The page editor provides a simple WYSIWYG interface, similar to using Microsoft office, to help you create easy to read pages.
When you have created a new page, you can choose to add it to the sidebar - or keep it un-published to continue working on it at a later time.
While editing a page, you can assign a parent page to it.
If the parent page is told to be within the website sidebar, it will create a drop-down menu.
When you first create a community website, you will only have one page - the home page.
You can add more pages at any time by using the page manager.
All pages have SEO friendly URLS, and are encrypted via SSL. For example: https://____.envul.com/some-custom-page-name/
Community Websites BETA Whats Next?
Although the feature has been made available in a primitive state, it will be greatly expanded upon over the coming days.
The main reason for the 'BETA', is that this feature provides a handful of functions not accessible elsewhere, and doing so will allow users to take advantage of these sooner rather than later.
Your feedback and suggestions during this time are greatly appreciated.
- Custom Recipe.xml Viewer
- List of all available CBSM provided commands
- TeamSpeak channel display
Planned Page Types
This page-type will allow for custom content, as well as a single question survey created by the website administrator.
Website visitors will be able to vote choose an answer to the poll, or provide their own. When a new option is submitted, other visitors can begin voting on that option as well.
- This page-type will allow for a series of posts to be created and organized by categories, useful for displaying ongoing server news and events.
- This page-type will allow your visitors to engage in discussion about the game, and your server - as well as any other topics you specify.