The Landmarks function is a variation of the Plot System. They are physical locations within the game world.
Unlike plots, which are managed by players, the Landmarks are created by the server operator within the CBSM interface.
How can the Landmarks be configured?
- The size of each Landmark is configurable, unlike plots (which must all be the same size)
- Landmarks can overlap and exist within eachother, unlike plots
- Landmarks are modular. You can:
- Automatically perform (custom) commands when the area is entered
- Allow specific access to custom commands within specific areas (triggers)
- Create "safe zones" within PVP areas (must enable Jail)
- Assign fees to the usage of a landmarks abilities
- Assign cooldowns (usage delays) to landmark abilities
- If a trigger is provided, the Landmark will not perform it's command upon player entry, but after the player has performed the trigger while within the landmark.
- Landmarks currently do not take into consideration the 'height' coordinate.
This will most likely change, if users begin to adopt this functionality.
- Like the plot system, it may take a second to register a player as having entered the landmark.
Slightly expanding your landmark radius, will alleviate this.
- Landmark responses follow the same format as custom commands, and can use the same customization syntax.
- Landmark triggers must begin with a '/'. For example: /foodDrive
7 Days to Die Landmark Examples
Below you can find some example uses for the Landmark function:
Landmark Configuration Screenshot:
- Create Map Markers
- You can simply section off an area of the map, and give it a name and description for other players to see.
- Additional options to 'configure' this newly defined area will be made available.
- Create Wormholes (teleport players to a location, whenever they enter a specific location)
- You could hide this landmark within the closet of a house
- You could configure a cost, to use this particular landmark.
- Setup a server food drive:
- You could allow players to come and pick up some food from this in-game location
- You could configure it to dispense only once per real life day
- Reverse the polarity of the jail system:
- You could create a massive PVP enabled landmark spanning the entire map.
- You could create a smaller PVP Disabled landmarks within this larger landmark, as safe zones.